Laser Skin Resurfacing Near the Eyes
You are most likely to notice wrinkles around the eyes before any other facial area. Changes occur in the skin with age because it is the most delicate organs. It quickly shows signs of fatigue and aging. The eye area has fewer elastin and collagen fibers that make it prone to wrinkling and sagging.
In addition, the skin around the eyes is prone to other unique conditions, such as dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles, milia, and loss of firmness. Laser skin resurfacing is a safe way of tightening loose skin around the eyes for achieving rejuvenation without the need for surgery.
Khan Eyelid & Facial Aesthetics, led by oculoplastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan, provides laser skin resurfacing for the reduction of loose skin around the eyes to patients in Plano, Dallas, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Advantages of Laser Eye Rejuvenation
- Helps in restoring the natural fullness and volume in upper face contouring
- Diminishes dark circles, bags, and puffiness from under-eye area
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes
- Restores vitality and suppleness of thin and delicate skin
- Stimulates darker, longer, and fuller eyelashes
- Results in a rested and bright-eyed look
- Minimal downtime, discomfort, and risk
Candidates for Laser Blepharoplasty
Laser blepharoplasty or laser eyelid rejuvenation is an excellent procedure for treating:
- Mild to moderate droopiness of lower lids
- Mild to moderate droopiness of upper lids
- Loose skin around the eyes (severe cases may respond too, but surgery provides better results)
- Laser can be used for decreasing eye bags and smoothing wrinkles and tightening the skin if there is laxity or wrinkling in the lower eyelid. Laser procedures can provide an overall rejuvenation around the eye area. It is useful in improving skin tone and texture.
- Laser procedures can be helpful in treating crow’s feet and smile lines
It can be used for treating other facial areas as well, such as cheeks and upper lips. Laser resurfacing is effective in tightening the skin and removing age spots and sun damage. It can be used for improving overall skin tone and texture.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Procedure
Laser skin resurfacing is the most powerful way of improving wrinkles and laxity around the eyes besides traditional surgical blepharoplasty (which involves removing excess eyelid skin through surgery.) Laser causes shrinkage in the skin which helps in wrinkle reduction and skin tightening around the eyelid skin.
New collagen is synthesized during the healing process, which leads to improvements in thickness, texture, and elasticity of the skin. Fully ablative erbium YAG and CO2 laser resurfacing of the eyelids should only be performed by experienced laser treatment providers.
Aesthetic grade laser cannot be used for performing the procedure. Surgical grade CO2 or Erbium YAG laser needs to be used since aesthetic grade lasers involve high heating but low power. This is not ideal for sufficient skin contraction. It is best to work with a surgeon that makes use of advanced CO2 or Erbium YAG laser.
Board certified ophthalmologist Dr. Tanya Khan receives patients from Plano, Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for laser skin resurfacing to reduce loose skin around the eyes.
Contact Khan Eyelid and Facial Aesthetics and Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan Today to Schedule an Appointment
Taking patients from in and around Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, Texas and more.