Questions To Ask Before Your Brow/Forehead Lift Surgery
A brow lift or forehead lift may seem to be a relatively minor cosmetic procedure, but it can make a dramatic impact to your facial appearance. Before you go ahead with this surgery, you should have a clear idea of what surgical technique will be used, what will be the aesthetic benefits and limitations, and how much of a recovery period will be involved.
You should ideally have all questions listed beforehand on a sheet or in your phone, which you can carry to your surgeon’s office during the pre-operative consultation. Your surgeon will make sure that you receive accurate and transparent answers to your questions so that you can make a well-considered and an informed decision.
Oculoplastic & reconstructive surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan provides brow lift and forehead lift to patients in Plano, Dallas, Texas, and surrounding communities.
For a successful and comprehensive brow lift consultation, you and the surgeon should ideally have a good rapport and you should be able to freely communicate with them about your needs. If you feel comfortable with the surgeon and they are able to satisfy all your concerns, you can confidently choose them and move ahead with your surgery process.
Your surgeon may choose to present brow lift or forehead lift before and after pictures at the first consultation itself. Their goal will be to help you form realistic expectations and make the right decision for yourself.
Questions to Ask
You may include the following questions in your list, and ask them during your initial forehead lift consultation:
- Are you board certified in ophthalmology?
- Do you have the requisite skills and experience in oculoplastic surgery?
- Have you performed facial and eye-related cosmetic procedures in the past, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Would you use general anesthesia or local anesthesia for my surgery?
- Where will you perform my brow lift surgery – at a hospital, an accredited surgery center or a private surgical suite?
- How long will it take inside the operating room to perform my procedure?
- Do you think I should combine forehead lift with eyelid lift?
- Are there any risks and complications that I should know of?
- Is it possible to make the procedure less invasive by combining it with Botox or dermal filler injections?
- Do you have a policy for revision procedures if the results are not as per my satisfaction?
- How many days of leave should I apply for at my workplace and will my recovery be painful?
- Will the procedure leave any scars in and around the brows?
- How long could the results of my forehead lift last?
- How much will the surgery cost, including all pre- and post-surgical costs?
- Will I experience a loss of sensation in the forehead following the surgery?
- How can I reach you in case of an emergency?
- Can I have a quick tour of your office to get more familiar with your staff?
- Can you provide me with forehead lift before and after photos as well as testimonials of past patients?
Board certified ophthalmologist Dr. Tanya Khan receives patients from Plano, Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas for brow lift and forehead lift surgery.
Contact Khan Eyelid and Facial Aesthetics and Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan Today to Schedule an Appointment
Taking patients from in and around Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, Texas and more.