Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
Post-surgery care and recovery is a critical part of forehead lift cosmetic surgery and will impact how effective your final results will be. Before your surgery, you will have a pre-op consultation with your surgeon, wherein you can discuss the specifics of the surgery and the recovery period.
During the consultation, you will know how long it will take for you to get back to your regular routine. Your surgeon will advise you about post-op care guidelines. You should speak with them frankly and clarify your doubts and concerns regarding the recovery and an appropriate schedule that helps you commit to a full and proper recovery.
Board certified ophthalmologist and eye surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan provides brow lift / forehead lift surgery to patients in Plano, Dallas, Texas and surrounding communities.
Post-op care and recovery
You will receive detailed post-operative care instructions during your recovery stage. Some of the important ones are mentioned below:
- How to care for your incisions so that they don’t pose a risk of developing an infection
- Symptoms and side effects that you will most likely experience after the procedure
- Indications of complications
- Estimated downtime – this will vary from person-to-person depending on the extent and the type of surgery performed.
After your forehead lift plastic surgery:
- Your surgeon will recommend you to have an ice therapy or cold compresses around the treated sites in the forehead. This should be followed during the first 48 hours so that you can mitigate swelling.
- For the first week, you should try to keep your head in an elevated position while sleeping.
- Your progress will be monitored by your surgeon and their team. You may have to make a visit at the end of the first week to the surgeon’s office for a post-op assessment.
Initial recovery phase
You may initially experience tightness from ear to ear across the top of your brow and head. This discomfort can be reduced through mild pain medications prescribed by your surgeon. You can expect some temporary numbness along with bruising and swelling. The swelling will subside gradually after the fourth or fifth day of your surgery.
The bruising will be prominent around your brows. But it will resolve in two or three weeks. You probably won’t need a drain tube for forehead lift. In the first few days, you will experience an urge for urinating more frequently. This is because of the IV fluids administered during your surgery.
You are free to take a shower from the next day of your surgery. But utmost care must be taken while using hot water because it can affect your numb scalp.
Expected timeframe of recovery
After your forehead lift cosmetic surgery, sutures will remain in place for one week or 10 days, and will be removed thereafter. Your surgeon will recommend you to perform mild activities such as short walks at home to avoid blood clots. You can start driving from the second or third week. You can also go back to work from the second week.
The scalp will be itchy while the forehead nerves are being gradually revived. The numbness will resolve in a few weeks. Once you’re back to your regular routine, it is prudent to begin work at a slow pace and gradually speed up the process. Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan provides brow lift surgery to patients in Plano, Dallas, Texas, and nearby areas.
Contact Khan Eyelid and Facial Aesthetics and Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan Today to Schedule an Appointment
For more information about procedures and treatments at Khan Eyelid and Facial Aesthetics by Ophthalmic surgeon Dr. Tanya Khan. Click here to contact us.
Taking patients from in and around Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, Irving, Frisco, Texas and more.
Schedule a Consultation: 972-EYE-LIDS (393-5437)